In the FORS reducing fuel use and minimising environmental impacts workshop you will learn how to monitor the environmental impact of your operation and identify ways to minimise its effects. Find out about strategies you can use to save money by improving your fuel efficiency. You will also have the opportunity to discuss the issues you face with other FORS accredited companies.
The event will cover the following topics:
- Environmental issues affecting the logistics sector
- Policies and procedures that can help minimise the environmental impact of logistics operations
- Fuel use, anti-idling, aerodynamics, procurement, driver training
- Importance of monitoring and measuring KPIs
- Report on the effects of logistics operations on the environment
NOTES REGARDING THE VENUE:
Take A6003 to Corby, at roundabout (Rockingham Castle andwater tower are landmarks), turn onto A6116. Turn left at second roundabout into Earlstrees Road. After first road on right (MantonRoad), turn right into Earlstrees Court paved private access between two identical blocks. The Institute is on the left in secondrow. Signed parking is at front and rear of the Institute building.
Registration starts at 1:00pm