A Good Week 2012: The Launch
Monday, June 18, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM (BST)
London, United Kingdom
A Very Good Company invite you to the 2012 launch of A Good Week, the global celebration of Good!
The launch event theme for this year is ‘The Good Manifesto’. We have challenged our panel of speakers to share their concept of Good in 100 words, which will then be turned into a visual postcard and placed in our Museum of Good. For the launch itself, you will get the opportunity to hear speakers' extended explanations of their Good manifestos and to ask any killer questions!
Speakers and Programme
10.30 – 11.00 Registration
- David McQueen (Host/Chair)
- Jules Evans - Author
- David Barrie - DBMP
- Georgia Arnold - Senior Vice President, Social Responsibility, Viacom International Media Networks and Executive Director, MTV Staying Alive Foundation
- Mark Williamson - Director, Action for Happiness
- Graham Allcott - Founder/Director, Think Productive
- Gennie Franklin – Director, Programmes & Employee Volunteering BITC
- Henriette Kolb - CEO, Cherie Blair Foundation
- Hamish Jenkinson - Executive Director, Old Vic Tunnels
- Anna Harvey – Ethical Trading Manager, Marks and Spencer
- Adil Abrar - Director, Sidekick Studios
- Eugenie Teasley - Founder, Spark and Mettle
Our speakers will be representing our key themes for the week:
- consumer power
- environment and energy
- social cohesion and community
- happiness, flow and joy
- innovation and the power of entrepreneurship
- employment and poverty
- making someting out of new (waste)
We're also using our A Good Week 2012 launch to showcase a new way of raising sponsorship and collecting donations for events: The DoNation!!!
We're not asking you to give me us your change though: we're asking you to create change.
The DoNation is all about creating a more sustainable world: after all, the environment needs our action more than it needs our cash. Find out how more about how you can make a pledge at http://www.thedonation.org.uk/doers/good-week/launch-2012.
See you soon,
Team A Good Week.