Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM - Friday, November 22, 2013 at 4:30 PM (GMT)
Manchester, United Kingdom
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Advanced WordPress with Mike Little (WP co-founder)
November 21 - 22, 2013
10am - 4:30pm
If WordPress is your business, either as a developer, power-user or marketing pro, you’ll learn advanced techniques over this weekend that will give you a competitive edge. You’ll learn insider techniques for managing sites both for yourself and clients, customising your admin screens, e-commerce, event management, building membership sites, the power of child themes, and how to pick the perfect production and marketing tools. After completing the course, you’ll be at the cutting edge of WordPress best practice.
The advanced course takes your WordPress skills to the next level. You will learn:
- how to build sophisticated websites for yourself and your clients
- how to customise and brand administration screens
- how to build an e-commerce site
- how to create events booking and membership sites
- how to build a truly unique theme using WordPress child theme capabilities
- how to choose the right production and marketing tools for your needs
Who will benefit from this class?
This course is aimed at those who’ve already got to grips with the WordPress CMS. You will need to have some programming know-how (but in-depth expertise isn’t essential).
This advanced course is ideal for those who are already comfortable building WordPress sites but are looking to work in the field professionally - perhaps wanting to make a living building WordPress sites or creating more sophisticated WordPress sites. It will help those wanting to take control of their current WordPress site and fully understand its capabilities. Marketing and promotional companies looking to take their clients’ sites further will also benefit, as well as those who want to bring their website creation and maintenance in-house.
After completing the class, you will have:
- The ability to install and configure WordPress on a hosting account
- Built an e-commerce site
- Customised administration themes, and built a child theme
- Learnt how to configure a WordPress multi-site
- Learnt how to choose the right marketing and monitoring tools
- The insight and skills to build sophisticated, branded and customised web sites for yourself and/or your clients.
Your tutor: Mike Little
Mike is the co-founder of WordPress. He’s also the founder and CEO of WordPress consultancy zed1.com, has a portfolio including prominent government sites, is a published author, technical editor and member of the Usability Professionals Association… but let’s face it, we had you at ‘co-founder of WordPress’.
When & Where
MadLab (Manchester Digital Laboratory)
MadLab is a community space for people who want to do and make interesting stuff - a place for geeks, artists, designers, illustrators, hackers, tinkerers, innovators and idle dreamers; an autonomous R&D laboratory and a release valve for Manchester's creative communities.