Applying Enterprise Architecture
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 from 11:45 AM to 1:00 PM (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Enterprise Architecture (EA) is a high level, strategic technique designed to help senior managers achieve business and organisational change. It helps you to understand how your organisations´ information systems, processes, organisational units and people work as a whole and to develop a blueprint for moving to a future desired state. For further information on what Enterprise Architecture is take a look at Jisc's infoKit; you may also be interested in an introductory webinar delivered by David Rose earlier this year.
In this webinar the audience will hear from 2 different institutions and the way in which they have practically applied EA to solve real business problems.
- Staffordshire University (delivered by Ray Reid and Ian Watts)—using EA to transform the management of external examiners
- University of Bolton (delivered by Stephen Powell)—improving faculty business processes - a mixed methods approach
Each presentation will last for approximately 15 minutes allowing time for the audience to ask questions.
Jisc Emerging Practices
Jisc Emerging Practices is a new and exciting initiative, the aim of which is to:
- Highlight emerging practices relevant to Jisc Innovation Programmes and UK further and higher education
- Provide support and professional development opportunities
- Offer opportunities for like-minded people to share experiences and ‘learn by doing together’