Artisan Bread Masterclass - Full Day course
Sunday, 25 September 2016 from 09:30 to 16:30 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Learn all the skills you need to start making amazing artisan bread in your own home, taught by craft Baker Max Tobias.
This full day course covers everything you need to make 5 different doughs & a multitude of breads:-
2. Slow fermented White (yeasted dough)
3. Brioche (enriched dough)
4. Soda Bread
5. Walnut & Raisin bread
The course will be run at the Dusty Knuckle bakery, 5 mins walk from Dalston Junction, from 9.30-4.30 including lunch and refreshments which will be provided throughout the day.
Included in the price is a baking starter kit including recipes, dough scraper & some of Max's sourdough starter which you can maintain at home for years of happy baking. You will also take home all of the bread you bake in a lovely jute bag.
The Dusty Knuckle is based in a renovated shipping container, and the first venture working to convert an old car park into a new start up square in Dalston, Hackney. As well as quickly building a reputation for fantastic bread, the bakery is also an award-winning social enterprise working to give new opportunities to young people.
This full day course will teach you everything you need to know to make delicious artisan bread in your own home, including:-
- A full rundown of the right ingredients to use and what equipment you need
- Detailed recipes & explanation of how they work, as well as differences between how to manage each dough
- Explananation of the impact of variations in time & temperature
- Introduction to artisan methods of gluten development, mixing, autolysis and dough management.
- Core skills of how to handle, fold & proof your dough
- How to shape round loaves, rolls, batards & baguettes
- How a sourdough starter works and how to feed and look after it at home
- Troubleshooting tips
- Full Q&A
Numbers will be limited to 7 people for a personal experience, with plenty of time to cover all your individual questions. At the end of the course you will take the following home in a lovely jute bag:-
- All the bread you have made (slow fermented white rolls, batard, baguettes, brioche, soda bread & walnut & raisin)
- The sourdough dough you have made from scratch, which you will then bake at home
- A breadmaking starter kit including recipes, dough scraper and a sample of Max's sourdough starter which you can maintain & use at home
Reviews from our first course at the Dusty Knuckle:-
“5 stars. Great course. Very hands on, we got to try out a number of different techniques and ask lots of questions.”
“Loved this event, really informative, and packed full of hands on work. Really well planned and structured - and Daisy and Max were both lovely and made it so much fun.”
“I learnt so much about making great bread. It was great fun!”
“Really enjoyable ... I am inspired to start baking on a regular basis to keep the culture alive”
Save This Event
When & Where
Craft Food London
Craft Food London runs a variety of events including producer tours & tastings, as well as courses where you can learn how to make all your favourite craft foods at home. Check us out at www.craftfood.london