San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Attachment Aware Teacher Workshop
Why should I attend?
- The Government has suggested schools engage in Attachment training
- Acquire a better understanding of the language of ‘Attachment’ & traumatised children
- Improve your understanding and gain new strategies to help the troubled child in your class
- We look at Brain & Child Development, Trauma, Neglect, Behaviour & Attachment
- See the world through the eyes of these children and the fear & pain they live each day
We aim to make our workshops:
- Informative, Interactive & Affordable.
- Delivering a basic overview of Adoption & Early Years’ trauma
- Balance of theory, short videos, engaging exercises, practical tools & strategies
- And … Fun!
Save This Event
When & Where
School Matters are a team of Adoption Professionals and Adoption Trainers. We are also experienced adopters . We are passionate about working with schools and educational professionals to raise their awareness of children who have experienced early years trauma & attachment issues.
Our Team have many years professional experience in the field of Adoption, Early Years Nursery and Primary School Governor experience, and regularly train Adoption Preparation Courses for Adopters, workshops for WSCC and Primary Schools in the South of England.
We have supported adoptive families who have had difficulties within a school setting.
We consulted with Play Therapists, Adoption Social Workers, Teachers, T.A.s to develop these workshops, and have taken inspiration from a number of National Adoption Preparation Courses, BAAF Fostering Changes programme and the work of our favourite Attachment Gurus Dan Hughes, Louise Bomber & Amber Elliott.
We have created these condensed workshops to empower teachers who work with our children to help them understand the reasons behind why they sometimes behave the way they do and how best to manage these behaviours.
Our Mission is to work with and support the Educators of our children. Helping them to understand our children in the same way we do. We believe School Matters