This 5-day Course is aimed at staff who work within the care sector and require a course to be able to deliver in-house training. The course is BILD accredited
The course includes:
- An intensive delivery of the course content up to Level 4 including learning and practicing
the physical skills
- An indepth exploration of the theoretical basis of the training
- An indepth exploration of the legal, ethical and philosophical aspects of the training
- Familiarisation with the resources and materials provided for trainers
- Teaching and assessing course participants including the dynamics of teaching
physical skills to a group
- Presentation skills
- Addressing concerns and the failure of participants to complete training
- External assessment
(Successful participants can deliver our BILD Accredited Course within their employing organisation)
Timian Training and Development
TIMIAN TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Timian Training and Development was established in 1994 by its three founding members who developed a system of conflict management and physical interventions appropriate to the client groups they were working with. This was largely in response to a lack of appropriate systems and training available at the time.
Following the retirement of two of the original team, co-founder James Hourihan took the company forward to the point where it is now nationally accredited and provides training, advice and consultancy to independent, public and voluntary sector organisations. This also extends to providing services to private individuals, families and informal carer groups.
Who Do We Train?
We provide services to a diverse range of organisations and individuals. Often our clients work towards enabling some of the most vulnerable people in our society to access community services and lead fulfilling lifestyles in circumstances where perhaps the behaviours of the people concerned challenge the capabilities of service providers (often referred to as 'challenging behaviours'). Accordingly, our training provides safe, legal and ethical approaches to managing such challenges based on:
- indentifying and responding to the causes of challenging behaviours
- recognising that the way we respond can directly effect the outcomes in terms of the escalation of challenging behaviours
- developing individual strategies to match the needs of the individuals concerned
- focussing on early non-physical intervention to prevent escalation
- providing safe and appropriate physical interventions as a last resort
We also work with organisations who come into contact with the public which can, on occasions put them at risk.
Our current portfolio of clients includes:
- County Council Social Services Departments
- NHS Trusts
- Special Schools
- Independent Hospitals and Healthcare Providers
- Independent Housing and Social Care Providers
- Small Independent and Voluntary Sector Service Providers
- Families and Carer Groups
What Do We Teach?
We teach a variety of courses details of which can be found on this site. We are able to provide a flexible service and pride ourselves on being able to meet the requirements of organisations large and small.
We provide open courses accessible to individuals and small groups and closed courses for larger organisations which can be delivered within the organisations own training facilities or workplace. We now also offer a range of e-learning courses.
For larger organisations, we provide trainer training designed to develop and support accredited 'in-house' trainers to deliver training to staff groups within their own organisations. The 'in-house' trainers, in addition to delivering training, are able to provide a point of contact for advice and support to their organisations and are able to access further expertise through Timian Training and Development.