San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Increasingly companies are working towards becoming 'BIM ready' in advance of the BIM Strategy 2016 deadline. To do this many find it useful to appoint a 'BIM Champion' to drive the change required. The NFB are delivering a series of 'BIM Champion Programmes' across the UK, of which all will be CPD certified, allowing attendees to gain recognition for their attendance.
Overview and Aims
The objective of this programme is to enable an individual to take on the role of BIM Champion in their organisation. Over a series of five, one day workshops combining Action learning, knowledge sharing and practical activities this programme will:
• Provide a detailed understanding of BIM, including the external drivers, the internal benefits and uses;
• Deliver a structured understanding of the Government's Framework for BIM to enable the Champion to map their own process against best practice;
• Provide the BIM Champions with the tools and techniques to influence behavioural change in their organisation; and,
• Enable the BIM Champions to develop a BIM Strategy to guide their company towards becoming BIM ready
• Provide attendees with a CPD certificate as recognition of the CPD hours earned.
A five day programme delivered over five months, with each of the five days comprising:
o A half day involving a taught programme Covering the key topics around BIM
o A half day based around an Action Learning approach
o Practical exercises for programme participants to complete between each session
Pre-requisites and attendees
Programme participants should have a basic knowledge of BIM and the government drivers gained either through attending one of the NFB's BIM Let's Get Ready workshops (or similar); and
Be in position to influence the strategic direction of the company in implementing change in response to the challenge of BIM.
At the end of the five month programme the BIM Champions will :
• Have developed their awareness and understanding of BIM from a strategic perspective to enable them to lead the implementation of BIM within their organisation
• Be able to drive change effectively throughout their organisation through influencing other people
• Have gained sufficient knowledge to develop a BIM strategy to implement the process and systems change required
8 Sept., 29 Sept., 20 Oct., 10 Nov., 1 Dec.
When & Where
NFB Business & Skills
NFB Business & Skills is the skills and development arm of the National Federation of Builders, a long-established trade federation that exists solely to support SMEs working in the construction sector. Built on solid foundations, the NFB provides business and policy support to builders, contractors and house builders across England and Wales.