San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A one day meeting: University of Dundee, 11th September 2014
We are pleased to announce a one day meeting in the area of Biophotonics. The meeting will cover all aspects of the topic, from the development of new optical sources to the development and application of new microscopy techniques. We are also looking for papers in related areas in biophysics, such as scanning probe microscopy.
Our meeting is in part to mark the launch of our PHOQUS Marie Curie Innovative Doctoral Programme in the area of biophotonics, and we hope that the meeting will be especially suitable for PhD students working in this area, as well as other interested researchers from physics, engineering and life sciences backgrounds.
Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Dr Martin Booth, University of Oxford: Adaptive optics from microscopy to nanoscopy
- Prof. Paola Borri, Cardiff University: CARS hyperspectral imaging of cells: Label-free quantitative chemical analysis
- Prof. Jamie Hobbs, University of Sheffield: Using and developing atomic force microscopy to unravel biological systems
- Dr Chris Leburn, Chromacity: Chromacity – Spinning out research for the life sciences
- Prof. Gail McConnell, University of Strathclyde: Mesoscopic biomedical imaging using a new giant lens
- Mr Ghulam Nabi, Ninewells Hospital and University of Dundee: Application of photonics in surgical oncology
- Dr Jonny Taylor, University of Glasgow: Light sheet microscopy for in vivo fluorescence imaging
Mote details on this event can be found at www.phoqus.eu/training_biophotonics_meeting .