1. Off-grid clean energy, post startup system integration business are seeking a Technical Director with product development and launch experience, preferably in power electronics/electrical engineering. Systems engineering background is important. We design and build hybrid, off-grid power systems which deliver reliable, unattended, autonomous power. The business will move towards products (OEM and proprietary) distribution. No involvement in the grid-tied, subsidised sector. Markets include industrial/commercial sectors: security systems, Rail & Utilities’ infrastructure, Marine and Military. RoW markets include rural electrification and urban intermittent supply solutions. 0.2% of identified markets would generate £500M p.a. revenue.Sweat equity opportunity, profit share asap
2. Company developing the next generation of ‘photo-resist materials’ for the semiconductor industry seeks a part-time senior executive director, with experience in the semiconductor or speciality chemicals sector, to support exisiting team to enhance the business development, marketing and sales activity. Remuneration will be in the form of salary and share options
3. Ambitious company about to launch into the fine art market, selling original art work, prints, greeting cards and luxury gift wrap. Requires an expert negotiator with immediate access to potential buyers including major corporate and media, an expert at closing sales on timely way.
4. University-based Technology Commercialisation Company seeks individual with experience in business development in the field of scientific instruments, preferably in the advanced materials/physical sciences sector, to assist in the commercialisation of a growing portfolio of technologies primarily designed for research-use. The individual should have a sales-driven mentality with the energy and enthusiasm to travel internationally to meet potential customers and collaborators.Potential income is unlimited and based on a mix of commission and consultancy fee over an initial period of 1-3 years dependent upon performance.
5. Service driven company working in the Telecare services arena is looking for executive management help to grow and expand its service offering of B2C & B2B. With the development of a revolutionary new bracelet worn GPS device linked into its existing managed service offering……St Bernard Location Services…..we are exceptionally well placed to capitalise on the growing demand to help support persons with dementia (and associated conditions) remain in their own home longer. Executives who have experience of developing consumer markets or who have strong political links into social services who are looking for their next challenge and are prepared to contribute for “sweat equity” are of interest to us.
More to follow . . .
Please join us for the latest Pitching for Management event in Birmingham on 22nd May 2013 at 4.00pm - 7.30pm.
At these events, exciting start-up and entrepreneurial companies present their businesses and the roles available to a room of quality, experienced individuals with the skills to help them reach their next stage of growth. The roles on offer range from sales, marketing and finance board positions to mentorships, chair, CEO and non-executive director positions.
The roles can be full or part time. Some offer paid remuneration and all packages offer additional rewards such as sweat equity, share options, commissions and bonuses.
If you think you could make a significant difference to a fast-growing company, then this is the event for you. The networking is also highly recommended.
16.00 : Registration & soft drinks
16.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg
16.35 : Florian Bazant, Marks & Clerk
16.45 : Pitching Companies
17.15 : Break
17.25 : Richard Pickford, RSA North West
17.30 : Pitching Companies
18.10 : Networking and nibbles
19:30 : Finish
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
Find us on: