Brook Talks About: Child Sexual Exploitation
Thursday, 20 October 2016 from 09:30 to 16:30 (BST)
20 October 2016 9.30am to 4.30pm- Brook Milton Keynes
Quaker Centre, 1 Oakley Gardens, Milton Keynes, MK15 9BH
Ticket types available: Free Place*, Early Bird and Standard place
This Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) awareness course is suitable for all professionals working with children, young people and/or young vulnerable adults. It will benefit those with safeguarding responsibilities who requires an understanding of CSE issues.
The course enables participants to establish a baseline of knowledge around CSE and will explore:
- what is child sexual exploitation
- what is known about child sexual exploitation
- how young people become involved
- what is known about perpetrators
- warning signs that suggest a young person may be involved, or is at high risk of, becoming exploited
- best practice in responding to concerns.
By the end of the training participants will be able to…
- define CSE
- recognise the signs of CSE and what is known about perpetrators
- demonstrate working skills in dealing with issues
- identify best practice in responding to concerns, referral and signposting to external agencies.
Who is this training applicable to?
Professionals working with young people.
*Who is entitled to a free place?
Professionals working with young people in the area of the training are entitled to a free place.
What is the cancellation/ refund policy?
Please note you will be charged if, having been offered a place, you fail to attend or do not cancel in writing within set time periods, including if your place is free, as set out in our cancellation policy which can be found on our webstie https://www.brook.org.uk/shop/education-and-training-cancellation-policy
Save This Event
When & Where
Brook is the UK's largest young people's sexual health charity and supports nearly 250,000 young people UK-wide, each year. We passionately believe that good quality training helps to counter health inequalities and Brook courses are designed to create a stimulating learning environment which encourages reflection, challenge, sharing of best practice and personal development.