PLEASE NOTE THE DATE OF THIS EVENT HAS CHANGED TO MONDAY THE 12th OF DECEMBER
Do you have a mobile app idea but don't know where to get started?
Are you developing for the iPhone and/or Android platform and want to pick up Windows Phone development?
Are you a Windows Phone developer who wants to increase your knowledge of the platform?
Do you want to learn more about the Metro design language?
If you answered Yes to any of the questions above, you should come to the Windows Phone Development Workshop.
In this full day session, we will start by looking at the Windows Phone platform and it's features and then dive into hands on design and development of Windows Phone applications.
Schedule (subject to modification as we get closer)
09:00 - 09:30 - Registration
09:30 - 10:00 - Welcome and Introduction to the Windows Phone
10:00 - 10:50 - UX - Metro Concept and Design Principles
10:50 - 11:00 - Tea and Coffee
11:00 - 12:00 - Building your first app
- Introduction to VS2010 and Expression Blend
- Understanding the Application Lifecycle
- Leveraging the Controls and the Windows Phone Toolkit
- Navigation in a Windows Phone app
12:00 - 01:00 - Lunch
01:00 - 02:00 - Deeper into Windows Phone Development
- Profiling your application
- Leveraging the Device (Camera, GPS, Accelerometer, ...)
- Leveraging Bing Maps
- Building a connected application
- Push Notifications
- And more
02:00 - 02:30 – Show me the money: Getting Published and Monetizing your applications
02:30 - 02:45 - Tea and Coffee
02:45 - 04:15 - Hands on Lab
- Build a pre-fab RSS reader with some of your own functionality for your favorite school, GAA club, Church, Charity, ...
- Build your own app with experts in the room to help you with questions
04:15 - 04:30 - Show and tell of the applications built in the labs
As you can see, this is a packed agenda.
To be successful in your labs I strongly recommend that you:
1. Bring your laptop (for hands on section)
2. Install the Windows Phone Toolkit which you can find at http://bit.ly/phonetools prior to attending the session.
3. Register as a developer at https://users.create.msdn.com/Register (required for app publication)