ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
WordPress is the premiere blogging and content management system for those seeking to build a website or a blog that's easy to set up and maintain. In this workshop, we will build a simple website using free WordPress themes and walk through the basics of getting a polished site live, quickly and cheaply. With an emphasis on the non-coder, we’ll look at free templates as well as premium resources that require little to no coding skills. By the end of the day, you'll have a website ready to launch.
You'll learn all about:
- how to use Wordpress and its many functions to run a business website using WordPress and free themes
- key blogging and social media strategies that will get your website off the ground and noticed and found online
- how to update your website/blog without having to rely on webmasters
- learn and apply Search Engine Optimisation techniques Blog
- creating a content strategy that sells your products and services and increases conversions
PREREQS & PREPARATION
This workshop is aimed at business owners wanting to set up a website for their company. To make the most out of the class, please come with a logo or header graphic prepared, 5 pages of basic content of your business (including an 'about' page, what business service you are offering and one blog post about your business) and lots of images to use on the site.
If you want to integrate your social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), have all these accounts set up before the course.
Please bring a laptop, and the aforementioned materials.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
May ChongWeb Strategist & SEO,
Media Marketing Wave
Plans change. We get it. But if you can't make it to a class/workshop, please email us at least 7 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given after this timeframe.