Building skills for the future - Information evenings for parents
There are fewer jobs for young people without qualifications and skills. Staying in learning for longer will give your teenager the opportunity to get qualifications that will help them progress, whether as an apprentice, in further or higher education or in employment.
Connexions Northamptonshire in partnership with Northamptonshire County Council will be holding Information evenings in your area to help parents of students in years 10-13 understand what options are available.
- Do you understand what Raising of the Participation Age (RPA) means?
- Do you understand all the options available to young people when leaving school?
- What is an Apprenticeship?
- Do you need more information about how Apprenticeships are developing and what choices are available?
- Did you know that an Apprenticeship can lead into higher education?
Find out the answers to these questions and more.
These events will all take place in January and February 2013 from 7.00pm to 9.00pm (doors open at 6.30pm) at the following venues:
Tuesday 22 January at the Council Chamber, East Northamptonshire Council, Thrapston
Wednesday 23 January at The Saints Ground, Franklin’s Gardens, Weedon Rd,Northampton
Wednesday 30 January at the Holiday Inn, Geddington Road, Corby
Tuesday 5 February at Kettering Buccleuch Academy, Weekley Glebe Road, Kettering
Thursday 7 February at The Castle Theatre, Castle Way, Wellingborough
Tuesday 19th February at Towcester Racecourse
Book Now - Space is limited so please book using Eventbrite.
Please Note: These events are for Northamptonshire schools, priority will be given to parents and young people from school in Northamptonshire.