The Role of Academic Collaboration in Your Business
An opportunity not to be missed! Attend this FREE conference and find out how, by working together, the University of Birmingham and Industry are solving key challenges and stimulating business growth.
Your clients and competitors may already be reaping the commercial gains from academic-industry collaboration.
It’s time to do the same.
You need to attend this conference if you want to:
Learn about the opportunities for collaboration, and how easy it can be;
Understand the benefits of R&D collaborations;
Access funding for innovation;
Seek advice from our team of business professionals;
Hear from businesses who have been partners in collaborations, accessed funding, and the impact this has had;
Network and share best practice with like-minded business leaders, researchers and policy officers.
09:00 – 09:30 Arrival and networking
09:30 – 09:45 Welcome
09:45 – 10:30 Key Note Address
10:30 – 11:00 A Glance at our Pioneering Research
11:00 – 11:30 Networking break
11:30 – 13:00 Panel Session – Experiences of Collaborating to Innovate
13:00 – 14:00 Networking lunch
14:00 – 15:30 Workshops
- Life Sciences at Birmingham with Professor Hisham Mehanna
- Sustainable Infrastructure with Professor David Chapman and Dr Nicole Metje
- Birmingham Energy Institute with Professor Martin Freer
- Skills Development with the City Region Economic and Development Institute (City REDI)
- Developing business and societal impact through working with the Business Engagement Lab with Professor Kiran Trehan, Dr Vivek Soundararajan and Andy Newnham
- Recruiting expert talent for growth and innovation with the business engagement team and the Careers Network
- University-Business Engagement via EU funding with Professor Eugenia Valsami-Jones, Professor Kai Bongs, Malcolm Harbour CBE and Xavier Rodde
* subject to change