CBI Cyber Security Conference 2016
With reports highlighting more than 30,000 business websites are infected by malware every day, the cyber threat is an increasingly high profile business issue that can have significant impacts on your reputation, competitive advantage and operation stability.
The CBI Midlands Cyber Security Conference hosted by De Montfort University, Leicester on 2 November and supported by our strategic partner AXELOS. Delegates will be provided with practical guidance on how to manage and mitigate cyber risk, whilst identifying and exploiting opportunities for growth.
This half day conference, encompassing key note speeches, workshops and panel discussions will examine how you can move from awareness to action, with sessions focusing on:
- What boards really need to understand in taking action against cyber risks
- The latest intelligence on cyber threats and how they will impact your business
- What good cyber resilience looks like, and why and how your people can be your greatest defence against cyber-attacks, and;
- Information and guidance on regulatory and compliance issues in the cyber security space
Designed for senior business leaders and decision-makers, the CBI will bring together expertise from across the business and academic community. Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Sir Ian Andrews, Senior Independent Director, NHS Digital (formerly Health and Social Care Information Centre)
- Ian Davies, Chairman and Senior Independent Director
- Barrie Millett, Head of Business Resilience at EON.UK
- Josh Hardie, Deputy Director-General, Policy & Campaigns, CBI
Businesses now recognise that a cyber-breach poses a systemic risk to their business. This conference will provide practical guidance to business leaders from peers and experts designed to help build effective action and response to the risks we all face.
Secure your place at the CBI East Midlands Cyber Secuirity Conference now to help protect your business for the future. .
With thanks to our strategic partner for their support for this event, AXELOS.