San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Find out how to break into social enterprise from On Purpose and the Emerge Venture Lab.
We’ve got a really exciting evening planned for Monday, 17 September.
DETAILS: MONDAY 17 September – ADAM STREET CLUB
Bar: 7.00 pm | Panel discussion: 7.30 pm
Our special guest are Jan Matern and Tom Rippin.
What he decided to do instead was to start a really exciting social enterprise leadership programme called On Purpose. On Purpose provides a structured way for the next generation of high-fliers to get into the growing social enterprise sector.
Jan Matern is the Director of Emerge Venture Lab, an accelerator for startups that tackle social and environmental issues at a systems-level. The Lab provides entrepreneurs with access to finance, experienced mentors and free professional services. It supports ventures across a range of sectors, including health, education and energy. Previous to becoming full-time on the Lab, Jan worked with scalable social ventures seeking access to capital markets at Chelwood Capital, a boutique social investment consultancy based in London.
Jan and Tom will by accompanied by present/past participants of their programmes so you can hear what it's like from people who have recently made the jump.
The format will be a panel interview moderated by Adele from Escape the City who will be sure to ask the tricky questions and give the audience lots of chance to participate.
5 reasons to come…
- You've been trying to find a route into social enterprise and have been getting frustrated with the lack meaningful job opportunities
- You are interested in starting your own social enterprise and would like to hear some first hand experience from Emerge Venture Lab participants
- You want to get into social enterprise but fear that means waving goodbye to any training and development opportunities you currently have
- You're interested in social enterprise but are not sure which bit is most interesting and you'd like to try a few things out first
- You'd love to meet some people who have and are transitioning into social enterprise
- You'd love to have an opportunity to ask those difficult questions that are on your mind, but you don't know who to ask about
When & Where
Escape the City - The Escape School
Escape the City is a global community of +180,000 talented corporate professionals seeking exciting career opportunities. The Escape School is Escape the City's education arm.
It's not about opting out. It's about ambitious, talented people spending their careers doing work that matters; to them and to the world.
We produce a wide range of talks, events and courses to educate, empower and connect our members for career changes, entrepreneurialism and adventure.
There is so much rubbish advice out there - so many unhelpful myths. We have built the Escape School to teach what we wish we’d learnt back in 2009 when we were commuting to our corporate jobs, wondering how to drive our career in directions that matter to us.
Rob, Dom & Mikey - Esc Founders
Matt & Adele - Escape School team
More about Escape the City: www.escapethecity.org
More about The Escape School: www.school.escapethecity.org