Charity Careers Conference: Finding the Perfect Job - Quiz the Experts
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 from 18:00 to 21:00 (BST)
London, United Kingdom
At least 50% of jobs are not publicly advertised, so if you want to know what's out there, you need to know the right people...
This evening conference is packed with practical and motivational advice, tips and inspiration to get your career on track and help you find your dream job in the not-for-profit sector.
You'll hear from several different speakers, drawn from a diverse range of organisations within the not-for-profit sector, who will be sharing their knowledge and giving their advice on getting that job!
Practical case studies drawn from a number of different sectors will demystify a variety of careers including fundraising, outreach work, campaigning and senior management, and will also help you think about other possible routes in, including volunteering, internships and trustee positions.
Afterwards, a Q&A session will allow you to quiz the experts, before an open networking session over complimentary wine will allow you to get in front of the people who make those hiring decisions...
Topics covered will include:
- How to find your dream job and the opportunities available
- Top tips for interviews and CVs
- Transferring from the private sector
- Case studies from successful nfp employees on how they got their break
- Advice from a leading charity HR / recruitment specialist
- Thinking of setting up a social enterprise?
- Putting together an action plan to make it happen!
Who will benefit from coming to this event?
- Students and non-students
- Employees who find it hard to get to the next job
- Jobseekers needing practical advice and guidance
- Career-changers, those on maternity or other types of long-term leave
- Anybody considering a career in the charity sector and want advice on how to go about it
- Quinton Seemann, Save the Children
- Gillen Knight, NCVO & Wildlife Trust
- Rob Dyson, Whizz-Kidz
- Rebecca Carter, The Challenge Network
- Diana Edmunds, Tommy's
- Julian Smith, The I Am Group
- Charlotta Hughes, Be Me Life Coaching
If you're looking for a job, booking one of our popular CV Workshops will save you a deal of money! Just click on the 'Seminar + CV Workshop' button above...
Westminster Hub, NZ House, 80 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4TE
About The I Am Group
The I Am Group has run over 60 successful careers-focussed events, ranging from opportunities in international development, through to CV advice workshops, book launches and professional networking training. Aimed at people like you, we bring together the best trainers, coaches, careers advisors and speakers to help motivate, inspire and encourage you to get the best out of your working life!
Our events are designed with you in mind, so if you have an idea of what else you’d like to see, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The small print!
As with most events, things can change last minute, and we reserve the right to substitute speakers without warning. Likewise, we also reserve the right to change location to another Central London location in keeping with demand for an event. Any attendees with special requirements for access, etc. should notify email@example.com at least 2 weeks’ prior to an event. Student places are limited at events and sell out fast – so remember to book as early as possible. Finally, before purchasing any tickets, you are advised to read through the Terms and Conditions as published on www.iamenterprises.co.uk
When & Where
The I Am Group
The I Am team puts on a wide variety of events each month, ranging from conferences to workshops, from networking get-togethers to purely social events.
Visit our website www.iamenterprises.co.uk to see our forthcoming events calendar.