This is a half-day (morning) course for Practitioners working with families of children and teenagers with additional needs.
The course is open to Practitioners working in any area.
Content of the course:
- Understand the importance of sleep for the whole family's health and wellbeing.
- Learn about the biology of sleep, including recent developments in sleep science.
- Understand the reasons behind sleep difficulties and why they are more common in children and teenagers
- Learn about evidence-based strategies for settling children to sleep and staying asleep and strategies for enabling teenagers to sleep better.
- Using case studies, learn about how our Sleep Practitioners apply these strategies in their work with
The course will be delivered by two experienced Sleep Practitioners from Parenting Special Children. All our Sleep Practitioners have been trained by the Southampton NHS Specialist Sleep Clinic and have a professional background in nursing, social work and eduation.
The course will be delivered at the Wokingham Waterside Centre, Thames Valley Park Drive, Earley. RG6 1PQ
There is a charge for this course of £45.
All information provided will be treated in confidence, and only used within Parenting Special Children.
Save This Event
When & Where
Parenting Special Children
Supporting Berkshire families who have children and young people with special needs.