Who should attend?
This course is designed for those in Supervisory positions in small, medium or large catering, manufacturing or retail businesses. This course is particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
Attending this course will allow you to deliver food safety training up to level 2, when accompanied by a suitable training qualification such as Education & Training.
Why is this training important?
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
There will be a 2 hour exam on the final day of the course which consists of 60 multiple choice questions.
It is highly reccomended that you have previously sat food safety training, ideally to a level 2 standard of training, our CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering see here.
The route of progression following is the Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering (Alternativeling in Manufacturing), see more details here.