CMU Training: Social Media & Fan Engagement
Wednesday, 14 November 2012 from 11:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
|CMU is the biggest news provider to the UK music business. CMU also provides a number of acclaimed one-day training courses for people working in or with the music industry. Each course covers a different area of the business, providing in-depth and bang-up-to date information and insights, as well as a guide to best practice, and current and future trends.|
|"It was a pleasure attending yesterday’s training course – I enjoyed every minute of it! I spent yesterday evening on the phone with the artist I am currently working with talking about tons of new ideas I got from the session"
Dom Metz, DM Management
|Social Media & Fan Engagement walks you through everything you need to know to make sure you get social media right, and shows how to engage and build a fanbase online. Covering everything from the basics through to more advanced techniques, and little-known tools and tricks used by social media experts, the course will help make social media more effective, and easier to manage, measure and understand.|
|This course is led by Sam Taylor, Marketing & Development Associate at CMU. Sam has worked in and around the music and digital businesses for nearly ten years, as well as teaching leading entertainment companies and brand about how to communicate effectively online. In addition, he's the co-founder of a data-driven technology start-up, giving him up-to-the-minute insight into the digital communications space. He also has hands-on experience working on music and marketing projects involving artists, labels, brands and media. An experienced trainer, Sam brings insider insights, practical experience and entrepreneurial thinking to his training.|
|UnLimited Media is a Corporate Affiliate of the Institute Of Continuing Professional Development. For those professionals with non-specific CPD commitments, CMU Training courses relevant to your profession can count for six hours of CPD time. Certificates to confirm attendance are available on request. Though please note UnLimited Media's training courses are not currently accredited by any specific professional bodies, eg the Solicitor's Regulation Authority.|
|WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS
• Introduction to the key social media platforms: stats, demographics, benefits & pitfalls.
• Cutting through the jargon: a brief overview of key terms and their meanings.
• How each platform can work for artists and labels.
• Developing a social media strategy as part of a wider marketing and communications campaign.
• The importance of "engagement": what is it, and why does it matter so much?
• Subsidiary services to support "top tier" social media activity.
• The top ten dos and dont's of social media.
• The social media toolkit: the secret services professionals use to make social media easy.
• Social advertising: what it is, how it works, how not to waste your budget.
• Create, curate, publish, promote, measure: how to be effective in 30 minutes a day.
• The importance of measurement.
• Getting creative with Timeline.
• Creative inspiration: who is doing social media well?
|WHAT THIS COURSE TEACHES YOU
• How different social media platforms differ, and the best tactics for each.
• How to use free or low cost tools to automate social media.
• The pitfalls of social media, and how to ensure you avoid them.
• The importance of engagement, and how to ensure you're connecting with real fans.
• How to create great social media content with little or no budget.
• How to create, segment, monitor and adjust social ad campaigns.
• The role of social media in developing sustainable careers for artists.
|WHO SHOULD COME ON THIS COURSE
• Anyone who works in marketing or promotions at a label, distributor or other music company.
• Anyone who works in a music PR or promotions company, especially beginners.
• Anyone who wants to get an internship or job in music marketing, PR or promotiion.
• PR practitioners interested in how the music media is changing and how social media fits in.
• Artists and managers looking to engage fans and grow a fanbase through social media.
• Labels or management who are considering employing a social media manager or agency.
• Entrepreneurs setting up or running a label, publishing company or management agency.
• Investors and analysts focused on the music business.
• Students specialising in music business, PR or media.
Do you have questions about CMU Training: Social Media & Fan Engagement? Contact the organiser