We're going to give 100 developers a Raspberry Pi, 24 hours and electricity, wifi and food and ask them to get into teams and each create a Code Club project that uses a Raspberry-Pi. (Unfortunatley you don't get to keep the Pi as they are just on loan to us.)
The aim of the game is to create something that a 9-11 year old could make themselves. We'll write the projects up in child friendly language and distribute them to all our Code Clubs. Hooray! What an EXCELLENT plan. So if you are a developer and want to make a difference then grab a 'Pi-hacker' ticket and come along on the 8th December.
You don't need to be a developer to come and help. We need designers, creative thinkers and makers too!
This event is co-hosted by NESTA and the event will take place at their HQ near Chancery Lane. Raspberry Pi are very kindly sponsoring the event AND providing Raspberry Pi computers for you to use in your projects.
The hack briefing starts at 12 noon on Saturday 8th so please arrive in good time. Tea/coffee/settling in from 11am.
Good to know:
• We'll provide the Raspberry Pi and SD card. You'll need to bring peripherals such as a screen, keyboard, network cables and anything else you might want to use for your project. Remember that the projects need to be able to be made at a primary school so only include things that a primary school could feasibly get its hands on.
• This is a 24 hour event, There will be a quiet room for grabbing sleep but you'll need a sleeping bag etc.
• We'll provide all the food and soft drinks you'll need but if you'd like beer etc then please bring your own.
• Over 18s only (kids welcome accompanied by guardian)
• Have a look at the RASPBERRY PI QUICK START GUIDE HERE
• We'll give you a full brief on the day
If you'd like to come along on the Sunday to see what's been made then please grab a 'Presentation watcher' ticket. Presentations will start at 12 noon on Sunday 9th and lunch will be provided, because we're nice like that.
You don't need a presentation watcher ticket if you've been hacking.
*Nearest tube is Chancery Lane or Farringdon Station*
We can't wait to see you there!
Linda, Clare and the Code Club team