Saturday, August 31, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (BST)
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
CraftyCoders are proud to be putting on our first Code Retreat (http://coderetreat.org/about). It has always been our aim to support these day-long learning events in addition to the usual monthly events that we are already running.
If you have never been to a Code Retreat, you are in for a great day of coding. It doesn't matter if you are highly experienced or not, you will always learn new things. I urge you to go to the Code Retreat website and have a browse around.
What you will get:
- A day of learning outside of the pressures of deadlines and office politics!
- Lunch (hopefully at a local country pub)
What you need to bring:
- A willingness to learn (and teach)
- A laptop (although you will be pairing with different people throughout the day)
* Please note that this event is for C# developers only.
When & Where
A few of us from some local dev usergroups have been discussing starting a usergroup focussed on principles in software development. This is not as dry as it sounds – honest! We are essentially trying to avoid the ‘C’ word (Craftsmanship!) as we’re (a) not sure everyone is aware of the term and (b) some of those that are have misconceptions about it – frequently it is seen as elitist. This could not be further from what we are trying to achieve.