San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To provide an overview of the family's difficulties from the point of diagnosis and to examine ways to reduce overlapping of provision within services to minimise pressures on the family.
Supporting 'Better Care: Better Lives, Improving outcomes and experiences for children, young people and their families living with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions' DH 2008
- to gain a deeper understanding of families' needs
- to identify general family pressures, enabling professionals to facilitate focused support services
- to gain an understanding of parents' responses to loss and grief before and after their child's death
- to explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
- to identify the role of a 'key worker' in view of National Service Framework recommendations
- to become familiar with useful tools to aid communication between service providers and families
- to gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available
Save This Event
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is the UK’s leading charity that supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a child is bereaved. Currently the charity trains around 5,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website with an online forum for bereaved families, and Buckinghamshire-based family bereavement support.