- The evening will cover
- The approach to text
- The use of reference material and approach to costume history
- Developing the world of the play through clothes
- Plotting character journeys
- The costume drawing
- The use of colour
- Choosing fabrics
- Collaborating with actors, directors, other designers
- Working with makers
- The use of found items
- Development of ideas through rehearsal and technicals
- Costume in performance
- Differences between theatre and film and television work
This course is for you if...
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.