Mergers, acquisitions, and outsourcing are rarely straightforward. Throw TUPE into the mix, and additional obligations arise, which if not complied with can create costly legal risks.
This workshop will provide strategic and practical guidance to help you create a HR strategy to ensure transactions are effectively managed and legally compliant from a people management perspective. Our expert facilitators understand that a key consideration will be how your strategy can contribute to business success and improve the employer brand. Points for discussion during this interactive workshop will include:
- How to maximise the organisation’s commercial and financial objectives through your HR Strategy
- The employer’s obligations under TUPE and potential legal risks: Floyd Graham will give guidance on good practices from a legal perspective, taking account of the 2014 changes to the TUPE Regulations and recent developments arising from case law. Preventing legal claims will form part of this guidance
- How to support both employees and the organisation during change: Sarah Harding and Jeanne Irons will explain how to improve the employee experience by productivelyengaging employees in the transition process to minimise disruption and maintain business continuity
This event forms part of a series under the running title "Creating Harmony" offering members a range of topical subjects for both generalists and specialists. You will be supporting your Continuing Professional Development because through working with the facilitators, you will understand how to be:
- Purposeful: designing and managing effective processes which benefit employees and the organisation
- Agile: working with the latest theories on effective change management
- Collaborative: learning from good practices in organisations
- Expert: explaining the HR legal issues around mergers, acquisitions and outsourcing
This CPD session is specially designed for you either to "bring your team" or "bring your boss" as discussions will identify how a collaborative approach to managing organisational change will contribute to a more effective and successful outcome.
For a Certificate of Attendance, see e-flyer. If they are brought to the CPD session, Branch/Group Officers will be available to sign them on the evening. Our meetings allow networking to take place before and after the main presentation. Members considering upgrading can usually seek advice from Paula Grayson after the event.
Professional photography and video production will be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.
When & Where
CIPD Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes Branch
The CIPD Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes Branch provides opportunities for its members to network with local HR and L& D professionals,
Embracing Championing Better Work and Working Lives, our programme of events promotes development and networking e.g. updates on employment law, skills development for the CIPD Profession Map and CPD supporting upgrading.
Our events are organised through two geographical groups, Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes, together with our special interest groups Learning Matters and Mentoring scheme.
As members together with your guests, you are welcome to attend any of our advertised events.