Creative Choices - Sheffield
Friday, 10 January 2014 from 10:00 to 15:00 (GMT)
Creative Choices is a creative industries careers event which takes place on across the Sheffield City Hall, Sheffield Theatres and the O2 Academy.
This is an opportunity for young people aged 14 – 19 to meet professionals currently working in the creative industries and to find out first-hand the wide range of employment opportunities available, and the possible pathways to follow, to gain employment in the creative industries.
The event will start at 10am with all participants meeting at the Sheffield City Hall for presentations from industry professionals. There will also be a mix of practical advice and interactive workshops at Sheffield Theatres and the O2 Academy as well as a trade and careers fair in the City Hall Ballroom. The event will close at 15.00
Places are available to schools, colleges and young people based within Sheffield City Region and numbers are strictly limited.
PLEASE NOTE - Each Ticket is for a group of 30 young people (14-19), please contact the organiser for smaller group sizes
This event is supported by Sheffield College and Rotherham College of Arts and Technology. Demonstrations and information provided at the Creative Choices events are supported by the website, which offers detailed advice about the range of careers available, plus up-to-date information on training, workshops, job opportunities and qualifications.
When & Where
Frank Wilkes - National Skills Academy, Creative and Cultural
Creative Choices is dedicated to helping you develop your career in the creative and cultural industries.
We can provide information, advice and resources to help you build skills, find new opportunities, or get a better idea about a particular job or career path.
What we offer
- Industry insights case studies about real people: their advice, experiences and what a creative career is really like
- Develop your career advice and information to help you develop the skills you need for the career you want
- Creative voices what people in the industry are talking about
- Jobs and opportunities adverts for jobs, information on training courses and other opportunities to develop your skills and career
- Tools and resources downloadable information, training tools and other resources to help develop your own skills or support your creative business