San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Living with dementia presents many challenges. Experiences of loss and difficulty are common to all those who are living with and caring for those with dementia, yet there are also rich opportunities for connection and creativity. It can take a shift in thinking to experience the possibility of these new gifts, and the resources of the whole community.
Livability’s Dementia- Friendly Churches Programme has been engaging church communities in considering practical responses to dementia, looking at worship, theology, community partnering and encouraging participation.
In our event, ‘Creativity and the Dementia- Friendly Church’ we will seek to focus on new possibilities, exploring what can happen when we approach people living with dementia with compassion, curiosity and a desire to be present.
Hearing from those with direct experience of experimenting with new approaches, exploring creative tools, we will also explore how our theology and worship can provide inspiration through the ups and downs of living with dementia.
‘Creativity and the Dementia- Friendly Church’ is:
- An event to celebrate creativity and its relationship to dementia through a series of inspiring talks, practical workshops, and theological reflection.
- An opportunity to share the challenges, exploring supporting someone who is living with dementia as well as their carers.
- An invitation to churches, people living with dementia and their carers, health and social care practitioners, faith-based community and voluntary sector organisations
If you, or your church wants to reach out and support people with dementia and their carers in your community, then this event is for you.
Come and join us in changing the script on dementia at ‘Creativity and the Dementia- Friendly Church’
Book your place now:
Tickets cost £20. If you would like to join us, please let us know by registering your place.
Date & Time:
- Tuesday 22nd November 2016
- 11.00am-4.00pm (with tea and coffee from 10.30am and including a sandwich lunch)
(Please, let us know of any dietary requirements & accessibility needs when registering. Thank you!).
Livability Office, 6 Mitre Passage, Greenwich, London. SE10 0ER
For more information, please contact Bernadette Ocampo-Wall on email@example.com or 020 7452 2029.
Save This Event
When & Where
Livability Community Engagement
Livability is a national Christian disability and community engagement charity. We deliver disability services, community projects, education and training resources that promote inclusion and wellbeing. We also share our expertise internationally. We are an enabling network, tackling barriers in society to make community livable.