San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Well-crafted CVs and LinkedIn profiles are crucial when job-seeking – the first stage in most filtering processes.
Writing them helps us to reflect on our career achievements and focus on what we have to offer a new employer.
Most of us can advise other people on their CVs, so why is it so difficult to write our own?
We will cover:
- The essential components of a contemporary CV that works.
- Selling yourself without waffle.
- Using keywords to optimise your CV on job boards.
- How to bring out transferable skills.
- Explaining gaps or many roles with just one employer.
- Writing an effective personal statement.
- What recruiters hate about CVs.
- Using LinkedIn to sell yourself and build relationships through your network.
- Using LinkedIn (and other social media) to find work.
- Digital job seeking techniques.
Bring your CV along for feedback and make improvements to it during the workshop.
When & Where
We're very excited to be launching The Mumsnet Academy - a brand new enterprise which aims to curate a portfolio of fantastic courses to fit around family commitments and busy working lives.