Distance Learning Forum & Inaugural CPD and Short Courses Forum
Wednesday, 3 July 2013 from 15:00 to 17:00 (BST)
The third and final Distance Learning Forum of the 2012-13 year, offered in association with the inaugural CPD and Short Courses Forum.
Interest in distance learning continues to grow across the university and an increasing number of courses are either on-going or in active development. In conjunction with this are similar developments in the field of CPD and short courses.
Join us at this event to find out more about what's happening across the institution in these areas, hear from colleagues in your school and join us in the Forum. After talks and questions there will be a reception and networking opportunity to find out more and talk to colleagues.
Brief agenda (subject to change)
- Introductions (Matt Jenner, E-Learning Environments)
- CPD and Short Courses (Professor Andrew Eder, Associate Vice-Provost | Enterprise)
- Distance Learning and UCLeXtend update (Matt Jenner, E-Learning Environments)
- From the ground - hear from academics involved in distance learning, CPD and short courses:
- Dr. Jamie Harle, Department of Medical Physics & Bioengineering - MSc in Physics and Engineering in Medicine
- Dr. Suzanne Beeke, Head of Language and Communication Research Department - Better Conversations with Aphasia on UCLeXtend
- Dr. Geraint Thomas, Department of Cell & Developmental Biology - Systems training in Maths, Informatics and Computational biology
- From the schools - school-focused presentations and discussion (Chaired by Fiona Strawbridge, E-Learning Environments) - We had to shift this, it will be done next time! :)
- Networking and drinks reception (you!)
If you would like to speak in the 'from the ground' section, or an event in the 2013-14 Forums please get in contact with E-Learning Environments (email@example.com)
When & Where
UCL E-Learning Environments
The central e-learning support, promotion, advisory and developments team for UCL.