Early Days Support Programme Roadshow
Monday, 28 July 2014 from 10:00 to 13:00 (BST)
Halifax, United Kingdom
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Early Days (concept stage, pre-start-ups and just started enterprises)
This programme is designed to support individuals and organisations in the Yorkshire and Humber Region who are either just starting their journey towards the design and development of a new socially focussed business.
The workshop will cover:
- Use of personal survival budgets
- Calculating wages (NI, Tax and Pensions)
- Paying for premises
- Insurance and licences
- Examining income streams grant/ contract/ trading
- Understanding payment terms and invoicing
- Income seasonality and other impacting factors (holidays and illness)
- Cash flow sensitivity planning (reduced/ late income and higher/ earlier costs
- Understanding 'Valley of Death' or Hockey Stick' cash flow
- Importance of financial management systems
- Sources of money/ finance
- Debunking the myths of sponsorship and patron support
- Contracts and tenders
- Grants - contrasting the benefits and downsides of grants/ loans
- The importance of good governance
Please note if you book a place on the roadshow and then are a no show your organisation will be charged £20. This event is for on the ground groups only, no support agencies please.
When & Where
The Key Fund
Key Fund is a social enterprise and understands the unique difficulties faced by similar organisations when looking to develop and grow. By providing tailored investments, we are continuing in our mission to break down the barriers to accessing finance, enabling organisations to increase their community, economic and environmental impact.
We are offering loan finance from £5000 up to £300,000 throughout the North of England. If you are interested please visit us at www.thekeyfund.co.uk or call us on 0845 140 1400.