San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Early Days (concept stage, pre-start-ups and just started enterprises)
This programme is designed to support individuals and organisations in the Yorkshire and Humber Region who are either just starting their journey towards the design and development of a new socially focussed business.
The workshop will cover:
- Use of personal survival budgets
- Calculating wages (NI, Tax and Pensions)
- Paying for premises
- Insurance and licences
- Examining income streams grant/ contract/ trading
- Understanding payment terms and invoicing
- Income seasonality and other impacting factors (holidays and illness)
- Cash flow sensitivity planning (reduced/ late income and higher/ earlier costs
- Understanding 'Valley of Death' or Hockey Stick' cash flow
- Importance of financial management systems
- Sources of money/ finance
- Debunking the myths of sponsorship and patron support
- Contracts and tenders
- Grants - contrasting the benefits and downsides of grants/ loans
- The importance of good governance
Please note if you book a place on the roadshow and then are a no show your organisation will be charged £20. This event is for on the ground groups only, no support agencies please.
When & Where
Key Fund has never been stronger in our mission, ‘creating successful neighbourhoods’ distributing money efficiently and effectively into the poorest communities.
Our aims being to:
- Create and sustain jobs
- Invest in disadvantaged areas
- Support new start enterprises
- Support disadvantaged groups
- Sustain enterprises
We focus on areas of multi-disadvantage and deprivation. 78% of our investments are in the top 25% of the most deprived areas.
Our objectives have remained constant over the past decade – to take away the bureaucratic hurdles for Social Entrepreneurs, voluntary groups, community organisations and charities to channel funds to the areas of greatest need.
We only help those turned down by traditional banks that have social or environmental aims at the heart of their enterprise, working with vulnerable people, troubled families, social reform, rehabilitation, community co-operatives etc.
We are offering loan finance from £5000 up to £50,000 throughout the North of England. If you are interested please visit us at www.thekeyfund.co.uk or call us on 0330 2020559.