San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
suggested agenda (with cake, obvs!)
Planning session – what do we want to do as a guild?
- Show and tell
- Scrap/FQ/small project swaps
- Member demonstrations
- Guest speakers
- Monthly challenge
- Charity projects
- Where to meet, when and how often
- Do monthly weekend meetings work for everyone?
- Do we want to have sewing meetings as well guild meetings?
- Ideas for where to hold regular meetings
- Dues – do we want/need them?
- Potential costs include guest speaker travel, meeting space, etc
Officers and committees
- Process – select officers now for one year term?
- Oversees all committee activities
- Oversees leadership meetings
- Writes and distributes meeting agenda
- Plans meeting logistics
- Sends updates to members
- Secures fabric for group projects
- Programme committee
- Invites and organises guest speakers
- Coordinates member demonstrations
- Works with social committee and president to ensure meeting programme is full
- Social committee
- Organises swaps, bees, charity projects and challenges
- Works with programme committee and president to ensure meeting programme is full
- Plans casual meetups (i.e. at exhibitions, shows)
- Collects/manages dues (works with membership)
- Pays any invoices or fees (approved by president)
- Manages fundraising activities and/or meeting sponsorship
- Welcome committee
- “Greets” members who sign up online
- Manages member database
- Welcomes members at meetings, gives name tags (more an issue as we grow)
- Takes photos at all events
- Manages and posts photos (working with social media)
- Social media and communications
- Manages all guild social media platforms
- Fields PR enquiries (working with president to approve content)
- Reviews and posts content to the blog
- Questions: Do we like having a blog? What kind of content do we want on it? What other platforms do we want to be on? Flickr?
Any other guild business?