Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
eBay Hack Day
We’re hosting a hack day for talented developers to meet and demonstrate their creativity and skills.
Theme: eBay’s global marketplace brings together millions of buyers and sellers from across the globe, but sometimes you’re looking for something that you’d prefer to buy locally, a bit of advice or something unique. How could you join together eBay’s vast selection of products with Google Maps (or open source Maps API) to do something new for local shopping?
- Learn more about and join the eBay Dev Program and SDKs
- Where: Imperial College London - see right for further details
- When: Sat 2nd Feb
- Participants: 40 places. [Update 18/1 - More tickets available!]
- FREE entry. Food and refreshments will be provided
- You will need to bring your own kit.
- Wifi will be provided and eBay engineers will be on hand to give technical guidance on using eBay APIs.
- The creators of the apps will own the apps and code they generate
- Google Nexus 7" for each member of the winning team and gody bags for the runners up.
- eBay is recruiting - come and learn more about our engineering opportunities.
Why is eBay doing this?
This is the first of many events coordinated across eBay’s European offices in London, Zurich, Paris and Berlin. We want to support tech innovation in our communities. We also want great people to join our teams and get to know us at these events.
When & Where
From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated.
Today, eBay fosters an entrepreneurial spirit that empowers people and businesses around the world to grow and excel, and have fun doing it. And we’re committed to surpassing the needs—and the expectations—of our customers. All 100 million of them.
Our customers are passionate about eBay. That’s why we seek people who are passionate about what they do. Because ultimately, it’s all about creating opportunities—opportunities to guide the evolution of commerce, opportunities for individuals and businesses of all sizes, and opportunities for members of our global community