1. Growing publishing company is looking for an experienced operations and/or business development manager to join the company as it expands throughout the UK. The business publishes city-wide free newspapers and online content targeting the student market, and is aiming to expand to 19 cities throughout the UK over the next 6 years. This is a long term engagement with a strategic focus, expertise in the media, publishing and advertising industries is essential. The role is based in Edinburgh, and remuneration includes a mix of salary, target earnings and equity.
2. An innovative online holiday properties booking website, is looking for a part time (to full time) Business Development Manager/BDO based in Edinburgh. We will be the first customised online marketplace (and community) for this large, growing but over-looked niche.
This role is likely to be part-time initially. The role would suit someone with experience spanning some of these areas:
• big internet brand / internet start-ups
• travel industry/ holiday letting,
• management experience,
• fund raising,
• digital and traditional marketing.
A good knowledge and experience of digital marketing is essential, covering both strategy and implementation. You must be a team player, entrepreneurial, ambitious, driven, determined, good at writing and flexible. The role will develop over time depending upon the business’s requirements.
Sweat equity basis initially (until the website and business is established). The role could be performed on a part-time basis of about 2-3 days a week initially.
This is an exciting opportunity: do you want to be part of our ambitious team?
3. Established to provide a vehicle to introduce innovative technology to animal health monitoring, we have worked closely with The Technology Partnership and the i4 design team to develop a unique wireless telemetry bolus system that provides automated continuous long term measurement of rumen pH and temperature in dairy herds. This enables the dietary health of herds to be monitored and early indications of problems, which will adversely affect the animal's health and milk yields to be identified. We are looking for an experienced executive to join our innovative team to take the company forward. The role is based at the Roslin BioCentre on the south side of Edinburgh and will be part-time with a package tailored to the right candidate. We are looking for skills such as business development experience across international markets and early stage fund raising.
4. E-commerce returns are costing retailers billions. One in three garments bought online is sent back, wiping out profit margins and leaving product out of circulation when demand is at its peak. We apply big data to the biggest problem in fashion ecommerce. Our patent-pending technology and predictive analytics consultancy services offer retailers market leading returns intelligence. We're building a global business that will save retailers billions and our analytics software is at the heart of that.
Looking for 2 main roles:
1) A Technical Projects lead with experience of retail e-commerce/software/systems development and management
2) Sales lead with fashion retail contacts book to die for.
Offering day rate in immediate term with the view to join team fully, with options, one funding round complete.
5. A new company developing innovative software for analysing text is seeking management prowess, and people with networks in market research and customer experience to help expand their customer base. A part-time mentoring and advisory role, is sought leading to an equity share and potentially paid posts should the company grow as planned.
More to follow . . . .
Please join us for the latest Pitching for Management event in Edinburgh on 4th July 2013 at 4.00pm - 7.30pm.
At these events, exciting start-up and entrepreneurial companies present their businesses and the roles available to a room of quality individuals with the right skills to help them reach their next stage of company growth. The roles on offer range from sales, marketing and finance board positions to mentorships, chair, CEO and non-executive director positions.
The roles can be full or part time. Some offer paid remuneration and all packages offer additional rewards such as sweat equity, share options, commissions and bonuses.
If you think you could make a significant difference to a fast-growing company, then this is the event for you. The networking is also highly recommended.
16.00 : Registration & soft drinks
16.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg and Sandy Finlayson, MBM Commercial
16.40 : Guest speaker - TBC
16.45 : Pitching Companies
17.15 : Break
17.25 : Pitching Companies
17.55: Networking and nibbles
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
The nearest car park is Castle Terrace car park which is a 5 minute walk from the venue, as is the car park at the Sheraton Hotel.
Find us on: