Effective Delegation - Getting More Done Well
Tuesday, 18 February 2014 from 14:00 to 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This workshop is aimed at Managers, Senior Managers, Leaders and Human Resource Managers from any type of organisation where improving performance matters.
It will show how managers can quickly boost their effectiveness and effectiveness of their teams.
Around 80% of employees believe that their boss routinely does work that could be done just as well – if not better – at their level.
7 out of 10 managers say that they would like to increase their use of delegation.
“People have asked me how I can take so much time off to go on adventures around the world. My answer is delegation.”
Richard Branson – Screw It, Let’s Do It
Effective Delegation is a powerful management tool that helps you with time and priority management. It also provides you with the single most powerful way of accelerating the effective development of people that work to you and building the productivity of your team.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to identify what you should delegate and what you should not
- How you can double or triple the amount that you delegate – and still have room to delegate some more!
- How to delegate in a way that is most likely to be welcomed, rather then resented, by your team members
- How to choose who to delegate to
- Classic delegation mistakes and how to avoid them
- A simple, tried and tested Delegation model
- How to handle Delegation when you are on the receiving end from your boss
- How to recognise and manage the dark side of delegation
- Increase the capacity and effectiveness of your team in getting the important things done
- Make sure that you get time to do the important things as well as the urgent
- Provide relevant and work based development opportunities for all of your team members
- Increase the tempo of organisational improvement and personal development for you and your team
“All of our managers have done NVQs in operational management – but still shied away from managing poor performers. Now they have the tools they need to manage this group effectively”
“That was an inspiring session”
“I would have liked longer”
Fiercely practical management training to make you stand out from the managerial crowd
This workshop is part of a series on How to Be A Better Manager:
15th October - How To Be An Outstanding Manager
17th December - Giving and Getting Great Feedback that drives performance
21st January - Developing potential - Manager as Performance Coach
18th February - Effective Delegation - Getting More Done Well
18th March - Time and Priority Management
Each workshop can stand alone - but taken together they provide a comprehensive system for management that produces great results.
When & Where
Mike Chitty - Realise Development
For over 30 years I have helped people, organisations and communities to make progress. I have worked as a teacher, manager and leader in the public, private and third sector.
I have started and grown businesses for both profit and social impact.
My main areas of practice are:
- Management and Leadership Development
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Community Development