Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
Sunday, 20 November 2016 from 09:00 to 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
WCAVA in conjunction with their partners Hands on First Aid Training, are offering First Aid Courses to Voluntary and Community Groups, including volunteer youth and community workers working in Warwickshire, Coventry and Solihull.
This is a Health & Safety Executive (HSE) approved course and is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk environments.
About the Trainers
The Trainers come from Paramedic and voluntary sector backgrounds so are well suited to tailor First Aid Programmes for youth and community environments.
About the Course
The content of this course provides basic life saving first aid and workplace health and safety regulations.
On completion of the training, successful candidates will be able to:
- understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use available equipment
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
Who is the course for
The course is suitable for people working within voluntary and community organisations. The minimum age for the course is 16 years old. This is a practical course and attendees will be required to carry out some practical work on the floor including CPR. If you are unable to work at floor level, please contact WCAVA on 01788 574258 to discuss further.
On completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate, valid for 3 years along with a First Aid Booket.
Note: If you have attended a course facilitated by WCVYS in the past, this course provides similar content to that course with HSE approval.
Save This Event
When & Where
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action
Warwickshire CAVA provides the following support to the Voluntary & Community Sector Organisations and groups within Warwickshire:
- Funding advice/Support
- Group support/Development
- Community Development
- Strong Representation under COMPACT
- Community Payroll
Warwickshire CAVA supports volunteers within Rugby and Warwick District. Our Volunteer Centres provide the following:
- Volunteering Recruitment and Referrals
- Campaigning and Promotion
- Good Practice in Volunteer Management
- Youth Volunteering
- Transport Projects