Enterprise Bootcamp: 24-26 June 2013
Monday, 24 June 2013 at 10:00 - Wednesday, 26 June 2013 at 17:00
3 Day 'Enterprise Boot Camp' - Free to Attend
How often do you get a chance to attend a three day course run by finance, innovation and business specialists and . . . all for FREE!?
UCL Advances on behalf of UCL will be running 'Enterprise Boot Camp' in June 2013. The course will look to introduce participants to the fundamentals of the modern business world. Nevertheless, if you complete all three days, UCL Advances will issue a certificate to mark your achievements - an additional benefit to enhance your CV!
3 DAY 'ENTERPRISE BOOT CAMP' JUNE 2013
Who should attend?
UCL students, undergraduates and postgraduates, particularly those that are shortly to join the potential workforce and looking to learn basic business concepts along with some of the hard and soft skills that are needed to get a job and succeed in a career long-term.
About the presenters:
The course will be taught through real-world examples and will be delivered by:
- Tim Barnes, Executive Director,UCL Advances, UCL's centre for entrepreneurship and business interaction.
- Dr Dave Chapman, Deputy Head, UCL Department of the Management Science & Innovation and Course director for MSc Technology Entrepreneurship.
- Keith Freeman, Adjunct Assistant Professor at London Business School. Also fellow of both the Institute Chartered Accountants and the Association of Certified Accountants.
About the workshop:
No knowledge of business or finance is needed and students of all disciplines will be welcome!
However, there are only a limited number of places on the programme and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis with priority being given to those graduating this year.
The aim and objectives of the Boot Camp are that participants who have completed the three-day training course will be able to understand the fundamentals of:
- The way business works
- The problems business looks to address
- The modern business environment
- The most common tools of analysis
24th, 25th and 26th June 2013, 10am-5pm
How do I register?
Participation is free but places are limited to 180 people. This is a three day course.
Before registering, please ensure that you can attend the full three day programme. Failure to do so will incur an administration as per the terms and conditions below.
Cancellations and Refunds
Please note that failure to cancel your place at least 3 working days before the event will incur an administration fee, this also includes non-attendance.
Please refer to the cancellation policy for further details: www.ucl.ac.uk/advances/terms
If the above notification period is not given, or in the event of non-attendance, then the following cancellation fee applies:
£25 for a half-day workshop or £50 for 1 or more days - whatever the reason
During the event, please ensure that your attendance is noted each day to avoid being charged the cancellation fee (as above), normally by signing an attendance sheet at registration.
Illness: in the event of non-attendance due to illness, a doctor’s certificate must be provided otherwise the full cancellation fee will be charged.
Individuals who withdraw after the start of an event will still be liable for the cancellation fee as outlined above.
- Views expressed by speakers are their own. UCL Advances disclaim any liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the event or in any documentation provided by delegates.
Filming and Photography
- Please note that for teaching and promotional purposes there may be a professional photographer and video production taking place during the event.
Delegate Access and Dietary Requirements
- UCL Advances makes every effort that their events are accessible and enjoyable for all attendees and we will always provide a vegetarian option in refreshments supplied.
- If dietary or specific requirements are required please inform email@example.com at the time of booking.
The registration information provided will be held on UCL databases. You may be contacted about other UCL Advances or UCL activities in the future. By submitting this information you agree that your details may be used for this purpose. Your details will not be passed on to any third parties.
UCL Innovation and Enterprise supports UCL’s staff and students to engage with businesses and external organisations with the aim of maximising the social and economic benefit of our knowledge and research. We do this through fostering innovation projects, developing partnerships, supporting entrepreneurship, and facilitating CPD and Life Learning.