Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
For more information about this event, please visit the BLN website.
Please note, due to unprecedented demand for tickets, we have had to secure a new venue for this event. Consequently, ticket prices will rise from 1st January to offset some of the significant additional costs.
We welcome Eric Ries, author of, ‘The Lean Startup’, to the UK for the launch of his incredible book. Eric will be talking about the ideas behind The Lean Startup and what it means to apply those ideas in practice.
After the talk and Q&A, there will be networking drinks and everyone will leave with a copy of The Lean Startup - all attendees at the event will receive a complimentary copy of Eric’s book.
Eric is changing the world of entrepreneurs forever.
Don’t take my word for it...
Reviews of The Lean Startup
- "Eric created a science where previously there was only art. A must read for every serious entrepreneur—and every manager interested in innovation."Marc Andreessen, co-founder of Andreessen Horowitz, Opsware Inc. and Netscape
- “Ries shows us how to cut through the fog of uncertainty that surrounds startups. His approach is rigorous; his prescriptions are practical and proven in the field.The Lean Startup will change the way we think about entrepreneurship. As startup success rates improve, it could do more to boost global economic growth than any management book written in years.” Tom Eisenmann, Professor of Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School
- "The Lean Startup isn't just about how to create a more successful entrepreneurial business, it's about what we can learn from those businesses to improve virtually everything we do. I imagine Lean Startup principles applied to government programs, to healthcare, and to solving the world's great problems. It's ultimately an answer to the question 'How can we learn more quickly what works, and discard what doesn't?'’ Tim O'Reilly, CEO O'Reilly Media
- “Eric Ries unravels the mysteries of entrepreneurship and reveals that magic and genius are not the necessary ingredients for success but instead proposes a scientific process that can be learnt and replicated. Whether you are a startup entrepreneur or corporate entrepreneur there are important lessons here for you on your quest toward the new and unknown.” Tim Brown, CEO of IDEO
- “The roadmap for innovation for the 21st century. The ideas in The Lean Startup will help create the next industrial revolution.” Steve Blank, lecturer, Stanford University, U.C. Berkeley Haas Business School
- "The key lesson of this book is that start-ups happen in the present—that messy place between the past and the future where nothing happens according to PowerPoint. Ries's ‘read and react’ approach to this sport, his relentless focus on validated learning, the never-ending anxiety of hovering between ‘persevere’ and ‘pivot’, all bear witness to his appreciation for the dynamics of entrepreneurship." Geoffrey Moore, Crossing the Chasm
- “The Lean Startup is a foundational must-read for founders, enabling them to reduce product failures by bringing structure and science to what is usually informal and an art. It provides actionable ways to avoid product-learning mistakes, rigorously evaluate early signals from the market through validated learning, and decide whether to persevere or to pivot, all challenges that heighten the chance of entrepreneurial failure.” Professor Noam Wasserman, Harvard Business School
- “Every founding team should stop for 48 hours and read Lean Startup. Seriously stop and read this book now.” Scott Case, CEO Startup America
There is a small charge to attend which will be spent on Lean Startup books - everyone will walk away with a copy, snacks and a few drinks for early arrivals.
Keynote Talk: 17:45 followed by Q&A.
Networking drinks: 20:00 till late.
Address: London, venue tba
Refund policy: Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to a colleague at no cahrge.
Eric Ries and The Lean Startup is brought to you in association with Tech City.
Tech City is home to technology, digital and creative companies. From the original Silicon Roundabout, an entrepreneurial cluster has grown up around Shoreditch and Old Street in East London, extending to reach the Olympic Park in Stratford. It offers opportunities for innovative businesses of all sizes, from start-ups to multinationals, from UK, Europe and beyond.
At DFJ Esprit we believe good venture capital begins with good judgment and good relationships. Our partners help entrepreneurs make their companies successful. In today’s world the best businesses have global ambitions from day one. The best venture funds have the networks to support those ambitions. DFJ Esprit is a member of the Draper Fisher Jurvetson Global Network, the largest venture network in the world with 140 investment professionals and over 600 portfolio companies. We’re entrepreneurs ourselves and are proud to have built our firm to its current size. We back winning companies and do everything we can to help them achieve and exceed their ambitions.
Brown Rudnick represents clients from around the world in complex business transactions and high-stakes litigation. With relentless focus on our clients’ objectives, we assist with business-focused solutions that address today’s ever-changing, ever-demanding competitive marketplace. Our VC and Emerging Technologies Group represents both investors and technology companies at all stages of development. Because we advise clients on both sides of the table, we can provide a valuable comprehensive perspective. We represent many leading technology VC investors in financing transactions in the US, the UK and across Europe. Over the course of a decade, we have closed hundreds of deals, totaling billions of dollars.
Fidelity Growth Partners Europe
Fidelity Growth Partners Europe is a venture and growth capital investor which backs technology entrepreneurs with aspiration for greatness. By combining a collaborative approach with a global network and a 40-year history of venture investing, FGPE helps companies accelerate their growth and become winners in their field. A strong track record in Europe includes investments in market leaders such as Newbay, Wahanda, Seatwave, InnoGames and Curam Software. Fidelity growth funds manage about $1 billion globally and in 2010 FGPE raised a GBP100 million fund dedicated to backing fast-growing European technology companies.
Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that helps software startups succeed by giving them access to Microsoft software development tools, connecting them with key industry players, including investors, and providing marketing visibility to help entrepreneurs starting a business.
Red Gate Software produce ingeniously simple tools for Microsoft developers, DBAs and system administrators. You can find out more at www.red-gate.com.
Springboard is a mentorship-led accelerator program for startups. We provide seed capital, office space and – most importantly – that magical ingredient of “smart-community” with mentors and other entrepreneurs. Springboard comes in the shape of an intensive 13 week programme originally based at the inspirational ideaSpace, part of Cambridge University’s state-of-the-art Hauser Forum and is now in London from early 2012. The entry deadline for the 2012 London programme is 29th January 2012. http://springboard.com/
When & Where
The BLN connects the people that need innovation with the people that deliver it every day, providing unique opportunities for senior execs to meet, discuss issues of common interest with their peers, exchange ideas and do business.