Esc Wednesday: Dave Cornthwaite
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
To attend please do two things:
- Buy your ticket
- Send us a question to ask Dave on the night: email@example.com
Dave Cornthwaite is a record-breaking endurance athlete, adventurer, author & speaker whose original & thought-provoking expeditions & projects have been shared with millions.
Dave continues to explore the possibilities of endurance travel and human potential through Expedition1000: 25 journeys of 1000 miles or more, each using a different form of human, animal or natural powered transport that will see him travel across 3 oceans, to both poles and undertake expeditions on every continent.
6 reasons to come...
- You might be considering making a new start in life, whether it's beginning a business or heading off into the unknown.
- You would like to hear about the pros and cons of Dave's transition from Graphic Designer to Adventurer/ Author.
- You'd like to hear advice about fundraising, the do's and don'ts, from a man trying to raise £1,000,000 for charity
- You may have heard about Dave's upcoming book about Dating. He'll be open to questions about this, as well as adventure.
- You would like to meet some like-minded people in a friendly and informal atmosphere.
- You want to hear more about Escape the City and want to come and have a chat with the founders Dom & Rob.
- Date: Wednesday 16th March
- Time: Bar opens 6 pm, talks start at 7.30 pm
- Venue: The private bar above The Yorkshire Grey pub (use side entrance)
- Address: The Yorkshire Grey, 29-33 Greys Inn Road, WC1X 8PN
- Directions: Nearest tubes: Chancery Lane (Central) & Holborn (Piccadilly)
- Capacity: 50 people
- Food: Food is available from the bar menu till about 8.30/9 pm
- Cost: £5 contribution to the minimum spend (see below)
- More: What is an Esc Wednesday?
When & Where
Escape the City - The Escape School
The Escape School is Escape the City's events arm.
We put on courses, events and meetups aimed at educating and empowering corporate professionals for alternative career paths, entrepreneurialism and adventure.
There is so much rubbish career and startup advice out there. So many unhelpful myths. We are building the Escape School to teach what we wish we’d learnt back in 2009 when we were stuck… sitting glumly on the Tube wondering how on earth to get out.
If Escape the City is a community that helps corporate professionals ‘do something different’ then the Escape School is where we engage closely with you (in the real world). It has been founded with one single objective: to help you grapple with that huge, scary, unmanageable yet exciting question: “What Next?"