Financing Entrepreneurs - How to raise your first round of seed investment
Thursday, 27 March 2014 from 09:30 to 16:30 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How to raise your first round of seed investment
From Idea to Investment- Everything you need to know on how to raise investment for your business in the London market.
The course is delivered by John Spindler (CEO, Capital Enterprise) and features a number of guest speakers:
- Tim Summers - Partner, Temple Bright LLP
- Alex Depledge - Founder & CEO, Hassle.com
- Emma Watkinson - Founder & CEO, Silkfred.com
By the end of this course, you will
- Understand what you need to do to become “Investment Ready”
- Know how to put together a pitch deck and investment proposal that will attract the interest of investors.
- Who is who in the London investment scene, who to approach and how to get an introduction.
During the day, we will cover:
1. How investment process in early stage companies works for both the investor and entrepreneurs.
2. How to assess whether a business is “investment ready” using standard industry tested criteria and illustrated by using real life case studies of start-ups in London who have secured seed and series investment in London
3. How to prepare a pitch deck and investment proposal?
4. Survey “who is who” in London’s investment scene and see what kind of deals they are looking for.
The course will also run through the legal terminology and legal documentation needed to secure investment, but since John Spindler is not a trained lawyer, another speaker will be engaged to give this part of the programme.
Data Protection: The information provided by you will be held on a database by UCL Advances. You may be contacted about other UCL Advances or UCL activities in the future. By submitting this information you agree that your details may be used for this purpose.
Terms and Condiions: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/advances/about/terms
Other courses we have: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/advances/training/short-courses/courses
When & Where
UCL Advances, UCL's centre for entrepreneurship and business interaction, helps anyone who wants to learn about, start or grow a business. It’s primary role is to promote a culture of entrepreneurship on campus and engagement with entrepreneurs and small businesses beyond UCL’s boundaries. It works to support start-ups and small businesses across London by helping them to access the technical and business expertise of UCL’s staff and students through a series of programmes to help support ambitious young companies.
UCL Advances is affiliated with UCL Enterprise, which provides UCL’s structures for engaging with business for commercial and societal benefit.