All National Governing Bodies of sport and exercise require that teams, clubs, organisers and venues have made arrangements for the provision of first aid in fulfilment of the Duty of Care owed to athletes, spectators and others. This course offers the minimum level of statutory first aid training for sports coaches, fitness trainers, club officials or anyone who could be called on to deal with injury or illness in the sport and exercise situation. The certificate is accepted by all sport and exercise governing bodies for Public Liability insurance purposes.
Course content: Delegates receive training in a range of first aid competencies, including:
* Legalities of First Aid: obligations, the Duty and Standard of Care expected of the first aider
* The Primary Survey in sport and exercise: AcBCDE
* Basic Life Support: Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2010, Adult and Child sequence, including Defibrillation demonstration
* Sudden Death Syndrome: incidence of major cardiac illness in athletic populations
* Management of the unconscious casualty, including head injury/concussion assessment: AVPU/SCAT2/referral forms
* Management of injury, illness and environmental scenarios: case studies and open forum - subjects discussed will include neck injury, bleeding, fracture, dislocation, soft-tissue injury, asthma, hypoglycaemia, fitting, heat and cold illness
On completion of the course delegates receive the nationally-recognised ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ certificate which is valid for 3 years.
REFUNDS: A full refund will be provided for course booking cancellations received at least 1 week (5 full working days) before the course start date. Cancellations received after this date will not be refunded. Bookings made within a week (5 full working days) of the course start date will not be refunded.
TRANSFERS: Transfer to an alternative course is available with at least 1 week (5 full working days) notice, prior to the course start date. Requests to transfer after this date will not be accepted. Bookings made within a week (5 full working days) of the course are not eligible for transfer.
Herts Sports Partnership was established in 2003 as one of 49 County Sport Partnerships in England, as part of the long-term plan for delivering sport across the nation. It is led by a voluntary representative executive board and has a core team of full and part-time sports professionals all of whom are passionate about the work carried out by the Partnership.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.