The AWE Smart Home Academy: Foundation Workshop is aimed at the less experienced residential installer, and so focuses on the fundamentals of custom installation. Uniquely, as well as important background and theory, there is a heavy bias towards the essential skills and knowledge required for a variety of tasks that integrators will be faced with on a regular basis in a hands on workshop.
Starting with basic health and safety advice and do's and don'ts of CI, the full day course then progresses into the practical sessions. A variety of tasks await course delegates, from accurately placing an in-ceiling speaker between joists and mounting a TV bracket, to terminating and testing CAT 5/6 networking cables reliably.
What will I learn?
- Health & Safety Basics
- Audio Setup, Speaker Positioning and Room Acoustics
- Speaker and Display Installation Techniques
- CAT Cable Termination
- Introduction to Lighting Technologies
- Introduction to Home Automation Controls
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Installation Essentials Tool Kit
- Free on-site parking
- Full day course from 9:30am - 4:30pm (arrival from 9am)
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for
Please note these courses are open to trade customers only and not available to members of the public.