From PTSD to DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) How to Protect Against Vicarious Traumatisation
Saturday, 1 November 2014 from 10:30 to 16:30 (GMT)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
About the speaker
Rémy Aquarone is an analytical psychotherapist and member of the BPC and UKCP. He is Director of the Pottergate Centre for Dissociation and Trauma (www.dissociation.co.uk), past President of the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation (www.estd.org) and past International Director of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (www.isst-d.org). He has specialised in the area of Dissociation for the past 25 years, offering assessments and consultancy assistance nationally to CMHTs and psychiatric services.
About the Workshop
Be equipped with basic theoretical knowledge of dissociation & and the dissociative conditions
• Understand the developmental origins of dissociation, its effects and its role in surviving abuse and trauma
• Recognise different categories & levels of dissociation and their relationship, similarities and differences with other aspects of mental health
• Use tools for initial screening and have an outline understanding of a protocol for assessment
• Understand the core components & stages of treatment
• Draw on a range of treatment strategies
• Be equipped for multi disciplinary work.
• Be more confident in supporting those affected by dissociation
• Enhanced their knowledge & understanding by learning from experts by experience
Teas, Coffe and juice will be provided including biscuits and fruit. Lunch is not included. There is carparking and good public transport links.
£95 non members and £70 for CCC members
When & Where
Cambridgeshire Consultancy in Counselling
Cambridgeshire Consultancy in Counselling is a charity that provides training for student Counsellors, Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
The charity provides affordable counselling in Cambridge, Peterborough and Huntingdon
Charity Number - 1053794