GSBS PhD Community Group Seminar 6
- Buchanan House, 3 Floor seminar room, G4 0HF Glasgow
GCU Annual Research Day
Friday, 6 June 2014 from 12:00 to 16:00 (BST)
At Glasgow Caledonian University, we are building on Scotland’s proud history of innovation, intellectual curiosity and creativity to develop leading areas of international excellence in applied research that deliver practical benefits to society.
On 6th June, GCU’s Research Day 2014 will present public talks, meet the experts and interactive displays. There will be a central exhibition area, featuring guest speakers and events being held across the entire campus, reflecting all GCU’s unique research strengths.
Highlights will include:
- Key areas of Public Health research including Sexual Health and Blood Borne Viruses, Healthcare Associated Infections, Parenting and Family Support and Substance Use and Misuse
- Visit our interactive display of research activities focusing on Diabetes, Biomedical Sciences and Applied Vision. Come and hear about novel therapies towards diabetic complications; clinical and environmental monitoring for emerging pathogens such as Hepatitis E and MRSA; and novel strategies for assessing and restoring visual function and maintaining ocular health
- Managing Life after Stroke is our research portfolio with input from stroke survivors, healthcare professionals and GCU researchers
- Our Musculoskeletal Health research is world-renowned: visit our showcase of biomechanical research into arthritis
- GCU’s Healthy Ageing work includes our innovative Functional Fitness MOT – give it a try. Contribute to a folksonomy of tagging sedentary behaviour (public science) and learn more about falls prevention in ageing and learning disabilities.
- Our Interactive and Trustworthy Technologies lab, which is developing technology to optimise movement for health and wellbeing
- Our High Voltage Lab supports the development of innovative techniques, instrumentation, electronics and software solutions for the condition monitoring and asset management of high voltage systems
- Find out about our research in Sustainable Built Infrastructures in an era of climate change, as well as our Geotechnical expertise
- The study of Visible Light Communications involves the use of illumination LED lamps for lighting and wireless data communications
- Learn about our Smart Energy Lab and our prototype Solar Concentrator which can be used in conditions of diffuse sunshine
- As host city to the 2014 Commonwealth Games, we introduce our Sport and Identities research expertise related to the sports world
- Find out more about our Scottish Police and Citizen Engagement Project
- Our celebration of the 50th anniversary of Peter Watkins' seminal film Culloden
- A celebration of GCU research in History
- A showcase of linked research studies exploring factors around risk and recovery in perpetrators and victims of Intimate Partner Violence and alcohol
- Women in Scotland’s Economy Research Centre (WISE) exhibiting their latest research on women’s contribution to Scotland’s economy
- HRM policies and practices, drawing on a survey of the perceptions and attitudes held by Chinese nurses
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.