San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What is the Global Food Forum?
The Department for International Trade (DIT), formerly UKTI, has arranged for buyers from approximately 15 different countries to visit the UK on October 13th to meet UK Food & Drink companies that are interested in starting or increasing international sales in these markets. There will also be breakout sessions on specific markets and several other crucial international trade issues.
Why take part?
This is an exclusive chance for UK companies from the East of England to showcase their products for potential new markets and talk directly with relevant buyers.
What you will experience?
To make sure that you get the most out of the day we will be working with the visiting buyers to perform a matching service. First, we will ask you which countries you would like to meet from the list below and then we will send the list to the buyers to select. Finally, we will send you the list of confirmed meetings for your final acceptance. By performing this matching service we can make sure that the day is optimised for you to meet the right buyers.
Which countries will be there?
Buyers will be present from the following countries*:
- US (UK Imports www.ukfoodfl.com)
- New Zealand (CS Brokers-Interlink www.csbrokers.co.nz)
- France (Mediascore www.mediascorefood.fr)
- China (Kaola www.kaola.com)
- Germany (Geschaftsfuhrer BrauArt bristische Biere GmbH www.britisch-biere.de)
- Argentina (Goodies www.goodies.com.ar)
- Switzerland (Finestbite www.finestbite.ch)
- Gulf (Lulu Supermarket www.lulluhypermarket.com/AE/all)
- Gulf Almaya Supermarket (www.almaya.ae)
- Chile (Pibamour www.pibamour.com)
- Sweden (Skotska Handelskompaniet www.skotska.se)
What breakout sessions will be available?
To run alongside the meet the buyer meetings, we will also be running complimentary breakout sessions. These include:
- Exporting via e-Marketplaces by James Selby and Derek Scanlon (Department for International trade)
- Helping you achieve your international ambitions by Santander
- Exporting to Russia: A Reality Check by Albions Overseas Limited
- Targeting the Chinese consumer - by the China-Britain Business Council (CBBC)
- Global Labelling by Spire Food Consultancy
- Branding: Innovation for export by Brilliant Brand thinking
- International pitching by Susannah Poulton (Department for International Trade)
- Understand the importance of Localisation by Alpha CRC
- *Exact list of markets and buyers to be confirmed shortly
Save This Event
When & Where
Department for International Trade
With professional advisers across more than 100 international markets, the Department for International Trade (DIT) is the Government Department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy.