An evening of short stories with an edge.
With Grit Lit's reputation for uncompromising fiction from established writers and emerging talents....you definitely won't be quietly drifting off.
Confirmed line up includes:
- Martin Mc Donagh, author of newly reprinted I have waited, and you have come (Myriad Editions)
- Caroline Rance, author of Quack Doctor
- Art journalist and writer, Mark Sheerin
- Hammer & Tongue veteran and Brighton funny man, Chris Parkinson
- Femi Hughes
- Creator of Short Fuse and Story Studio, writer Tara Gould
- Tim Lay, author of Sewerside Chronicles and Nibs
- Writer and journalist, Amy Riley
Grit Lit No 7: Wednesday 16 May 2012, doors 7.45pm, readings 8pm-10pm, with two intermissions.
The night is hosted by the inimitable, ever charming host and compere Mr Geoff Westby.
As always, our inhouse entertainment unit will crank out an eclectic soundtrack that link to the stories read on the night: from drum n bass and yacht-rock to Atari music and fidget house, with swing, garage, gabba and Toto if you're lucky.
The Redroaster Coffee House has a licensed bar and the best hot chocolate in town.
For more information about GRIT LIT, contact: Tim Lay /Amy Riley email@example.com.
Or see our website: http://www.gritlit.wordpress.com
When & Where
Grit Lit is a twice-yearly platform to present gritty, unromantic short stories and stranger-than-fiction tales in Brighton.
Starting on the fringes of Brighton Fringe in May 2009, the events are organised by and for writers.
“Fiction that grabs the reader by the throat and doesn't let him go until you're through with him.” – Larry Brown, The Rabbit Factory