HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work for the first aider in the workplace is delivered over 3 days. It covers primary and secondary care including a mix of theory and practical tasks. You will be assessed upon completion of the course by an external assessor (not the instructor).
- Initial Care- Regulations, Initial Assessment, Unconsciousness, Breathing, Recovery Position.
- Injury Management-Breaks & Fractures, Wounds, Burns, Head Injuries, Chest Injuries
- Illness Assessment-Respiratory System & Hypoxia, Diabetes, Anaphylactic Shock, Heart Attack, Angina, Stroke, Asthma & Respiratory problems, Hyperventilating.
- Cardiac Problems- The Heart, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR.
- Primary Care first aid problems, Adult Chocking, Conscious & Unconscious, Serious Bleeding Management & Wounds, Shock, Spinal Injury Management.
The certificate is valid for 3 years and then you can attend a 2 day requalification as long as your certificate is still in date. Group discounts will apply to groups of 8-12 people.
External assessor, Observation & written questions.
Cost: £195 per person + VAT
Ofqual qualification reference
Course Dates: Tuesday 6th, Wednesday 7th & Thursday 8th October 2015
Save This Event
When & Where
At LimeSkills we offer specific training for the Health and Social Care Sector across the region. We are an accredited centre enabling us to offer nationally recognised qualifications which will provide all the mandatory and short course care training you need.