Hackathon: Urban Prototyping, Imperial College
Friday, 19 April 2013 at 18:00 - Sunday, 21 April 2013 at 16:00 (BST)
Hackathon Weekend – 19-21 April 2013
Venue – Imperial College, London
Do you want to change the world through digital technologies? Always wanted to hack big data? Want a chance to showcase your great idea in front of London’s top tech community? Are you looking to connect your great ideas with the potential for follow-on funding?
Then join our hackathon!
You’ll also be in the chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to Shanghai to present your concept at the Smart City Forum of CIOs at Mobile Expo Asia in June!
The Data: COSM.com streaming data sets, GLA, TFL, Met Office and OS
Mentors: We have organised top mentors from design, UX, data and streaming analytics to help you over the weekend
Judges: Our judging panel includes representatives from Digital Shoreditch, CIKTN, Tech City, TSB, RCUK and the GSMA
What is it?
1. You will be challenged to create technology solutions that result in real-world change in terms of environment, local economy or local community.
2. You will have the weekend to work on a mobile hack, game, mobile site or API mash-up that engages citizens to overcome the serious challenges that our society faces.
3. It doesn’t have to be the finished product, as long as its something that shows potential; there will be plenty of support to turn it into a polished, end-user-ready app or solution.
Previous examples for some ideas and inspiration are available on our website
Why do it?
1. Over £100,000 worth of awards including up to £80,000 cash in follow on funding.
2. Access to unique datasets rarely made available to the public.
3. Use of a wide array of mentors; from business development specialists, engineers, data scientists, urban researchers and many more.
4. Some unique networking opportunities
5. An awesome time!
More details about these awards will be available on our website.