By attending you will gain a good understanding of the Hadoop technology stack, including MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig, HBase – this course also provides an initial introduction to Mahout and other common utilities.
This informative class will help you better understand:
What is Hadoop?
- The essential components of a Hadoop-based data management solution
- Pros and cons of implementing Hadoop
- How does Hadoop fit into our existing environment and architecture?
- The differences between various Hadoop distributions
- Examine case studies of how big data is influencing society and businesses
Core topics covered
- Why Hadoop?
- The Hadoop Platform
- The future of Hadoop
- History and Background
- Real-world use cases and case studies
The Hadoop Platform
- Introduction to MapReduce and Hadoop File System (HDFS)
- Data Warehousing with Hive
- Parallel Processing with Pig
- Data Mining with Mahout
- Data storage with HBase
- Common utilities – Sqoop, Flume, Hue, Scribe, Zookeeper, HCatalog
- Hadoop Distributions – Apache Foundation, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, IBM, others
The Future of Hadoop
- YARN - Next generation MapReduce
- Other Programming paradigms on Hadoop
IT Professionals, Managers, Decision Makers
Big Data Partnership will provide a light breakfast, lunch and afternoon refreshements for each day of the class. Unlimited teas, coffees & soft drinks provided.
Cancellation & Reschedule Policy
You must provide a written notice to Big Data Partnership at least 2 weeks' prior to the start of the class if you cannot attend this class. Big Data Partnership will transfer your registration to a future class of equal or lesser value.
Students who fail to cancel within 2 weeks' and/or do not attend the class, will not receive a refund and will be charged the full amount.
Big Data Partnership can cancel or reschedule at any time at our discretion. In the event that the class is cancelled or rescheduled, we will work with you to apply your registration to another date or refund your fee in full. Big Data Partnership is not responsible for non-refundable travel or other expenses incurrred by the student.
If you have any questions concerning this class, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
Big Data Partnership
Big Data Partnership is the leading European-based big data service provider.
Our team has deep expertise across a wide range of big data technologies and data science techniques.
Our recent projects have included:
- the Apache Hadoop ecosystem,
- Apache Spark,
- Apache Cassandra
And a range of other NoSQL databases & search technologies.
Big Data Partnership helps organisations across all industries become more data-driven by reducing costs and grasping new big-data opportunities, rapidly and at low risk.
We help you Discover why and how to become data driven; we work with you to Develop and prove the value of this approach; we Deliver cost effective solutions which exploit faster and more scalable technology. We reduce risk by Training your staff in the necessary new skills and by providing Support.
For more information, visit http://www.bigdatapartnership.com.