Highlights of Holland I: Windmills & Flowers
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Enjoy your Labour Day in Holland!
On this (hopefully) beautiful Spring day we will visit two of Holland's top attractions: the Kinderdijk windmills and the Keukenhof flower gardens. Enjoy your holiday to connect with many other expats!
We depart from Bruxelles Midi at 8.00 am (at the Southwest corner of the station, at Rue du France), followed by Brouckère and Bruxelles Nord. We travel by luxury 4* coach with airconditioning and comfortable seats.
Our first stop will be at the UNESCO World Heritage site Kinderdijk, which is home to 19 traditional Dutch windmills that were built around 1740. We visit the windmill museum, as well as the Wisboom electric water pumping station and an exhibition. There will be plenty of time for taking pictures and visiting the souvenir shop.
The second stop is at the spectacular flower exhibition De Keukenhof. Here we will have an exclusive lecture (only for our group!) about the 32-hectare open-air museum and the (€ 4,5 billion!) Dutch Flower industry. Since we are coming in the middle of the tulip season, we can see the endless flower fields. Don't forget your cameras to capture the amazing colors of the millions of flowers!*
Return trip to Brussels
Weather and time permitting, we may stop one more time in one of Holland's beach resorts or cities on our way back to Brussels. The arrival time will be between 7.00 pm and 8.00 pm.
Price: € 59, which includes:
* Transportation by luxury touringcar
* Entrance fee Kinderdijk (pumping station, exhibition and windmill museum)
* Entrance fee Keukenhof
* If you cannot pay by PayPal, you can make a bank transfer. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please make sure you are maximum 10 minutes before the departure time at Brussels-Midi (7.50 am) or the other points of departure. Upon registration, please let us know where you would like to get on the bus by sending a quick email to email@example.com (you are probably shown an automatic question after registering).
* You must bring a valid European ID-card or passport as we will go to another country.
* Both destinations will busy because we visit the Keukenhof in the middle of the most popular tulip season.
* It goes without saying that the blooming status of the flowers depends to a large extent on the weather.
* By registering for this trip, you agree that you are responsible for any damages that you may cause.
* In the unlikely event this trip is canceled - we need a minimum of 22 people joining - you will receive a full refund.
* Tickets are not refundable.
* The trip is organized by Expat Club Brussels, which is part of the Xross Global Group BVBA.
When & Where
Expat Club is the premier international community in Brussels. We organise social networking events and daytrips to introduce you to the best of the city, Belgian and beyond. Meet new friends and join the community that loves the same things that you do.